Monday, June 21, 2010

Hyperventilation. Tears. Fun times.


I am a dillhole. I lost my ring at the gym. Yesterday, I tried to enjoy some of the amazingly hot weather and I went to the gym to run on the treadmill. After, I took a quick shower and changed into my bathing suit to lay out by the pool. I took my rings off to put sunblock on my face, then went out to the pool. My friend came to join me ten minutes later, which apparently is exactly when the gym closed. So we packed up our stuff, went home and made plans for her to come over to dinner. Five minutes later I realize I don't have my rings and run up and down the stairs in a HYPERVENTILATING panic until I realize they are at the gym. Which is closed. And we saw the cleaning crew there. So I drive to the gym, tear into the front door straight to the women's locker room and run to where I left my rings...

They are not there.

The cleaning lady in the locker room, looks at me, and says "Oooooooooh, was that your ring?"

Yes, that's why I am a hot sweaty mess, near tears, standing in the gym locker room, twenty minutes after it closed. I nod. She tells me she found them, took them to the manager who would keep them in the safe. Her name is Molly and I gave her a hug.

So I call this morning at 6:30AM and tell the story to the manager who says "hold on", comes back 5 minutes later and tells me it's not in the safe and he has to "investigate" what happened.

Omigod i can't even take it.

He calls back and says "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but no one has any idea what you are talking about."

My response: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Are you serious?"

His response: "Just kidding! The night manager has it. Her name is Asia, she'll be here at 5."

So I found Asia and picked up my rings after work. She got a hug too. I still felt like a dillhole, albeit a relieved one. And I'll never take my rings off in public again.

No comments:

Post a Comment